Ana Santaolalla, M.A., MFTI
Explorations of Eastern philosophies and practices -- including yoga, Buddhist psychology, Zen, mindfulness meditation, and holistic wellness -- have been formative to my personal healing and approach to psychotherapy.
In 2010, I earned a M.A. in Integral Counseling Psychology at The California Institute of Integral Studies, a school that integrates Eastern and Western philosophies. As a student psychotherapist at the Integral Counseling Center at Pierce Street, I worked with individuals and couples dealing with a variety of issues including: intimacy, trauma, grief, mood disorders, addiction, life transitions, parenting, and creative blocks.
Since 2011, I have had the privilege of learning from and working with some of the most traumatized and disadvantaged populations in Los Angeles. As a clinician at Haven Hills, a domestic violence transitional housing program, I provided weekly individual and group therapy for low-income and immigrant women; working on recovering and rebuilding their lives. Since 2012, I have provided therapeutic services for at-risk children and adolescents at Children's Bureau. As part of the mental health team, I provide evidence-based individual and family psychotherapy, as well as psychological assessment and treatment planning.
I am a registered Marriage and Family Therapist Intern and a member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. My interests include dancing, yoga, music, insight meditation, exploring nature, and sharing stories and food with people I love.
University of California, Los Angeles B.A., Women's Studies, Cum Laude
California Institute of Integral Studies, M.A., Integral Counseling Psychology
Graduate/Post Graduate Trainings and Workshops
- Oct 5-6 2013 The Nueroscience of Well-being, Mindfulness, and Love (Dr. Dan Siegel, Jack Kornfield)
- 2012- Current - Interpersonal Psychotherapy For Depression (IPT) (Stuart Scott, Phd)
- 2012- Current - Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT)
- 2011 Teaching Non Violent Parenting, Echo Parenting Center (Ruth Beaglehole, Phd
- 2011 Domestic Violence Counselor State Certification
- 2010 Tibetan Compassion Practices: Trauma, Terror, and Transcendance
- 2010 The Psychology of Death and Dying: An East-West Exploration (Alesandra Strada, Phd)
- 2009-2010- Psychotherapy Trainee, T-Group Training Integral Counseling Center at Pierce Street