Ana Santaolalla, LMFT
Explorations of Eastern philosophies and practices -- including yoga, Buddhist psychology, Zen, mindfulness meditation, and holistic wellness -- have been formative to my personal healing and approach to psychotherapy.
In 2010, I earned my M.A. in Integral Counseling Psychology at The California Institute of Integral Studies, a school that integrates Eastern and Western philosophies. As a student psychotherapist at the Integral Counseling Center at Pierce Street, I worked with individuals and couples dealing with a variety of issues including: intimacy, trauma, grief, mood disorders, addiction, life transitions, parenting, and creative blocks.
I am passionate about helping individuals, couples, and families find healing and empowerment. I have worked in diverse settings since starting my career. As a therapist in a transitional housing program for survivors of domestic violence, as a mental health clinician providing crisis intervention and treatment for at-risk youth ages 0-17, and as Chemical Dependency Recovery Counselor at Kaiser Permanente in the Deparment of Addiction Medicine. In 2014, I opened my private practice where I assist my clients toward greater understanding and peace. You can find out more about my approach here.
I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, certified Yoga Teacher (200 RYT), and a member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT). My interests include insight meditation, holistic health, philosophy, exploring nature, and sharing stories and food with people I love.
University of California, Los Angeles B.A., Women's Studies, Cum Laude
California Institute of Integral Studies, M.A., Counseling Psychology
Graduate/Post Graduate Trainings and Workshops
- Oct 25-26 Trauma Informed Yoga Teacher Training, UpRising Yoga
- Aug 4-Sept 14 200hr Yoga Teacher Training, Rishikesh Yog Peeth, India
- Oct 5-6 2013 The Neuroscience of Well-being, Mindfulness, and Love (Dr. Dan Siegel, Jack Kornfield)
- 2012 Interpersonal Psychotherapy For Depression (IPT) (Stuart Scott, Phd)
- 2012 Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT)
- 2011 Teaching Non Violent Parenting, Echo Parenting Center (Ruth Beaglehole, Phd
- 2011 Domestic Violence Counselor State Certification
- 2010 The Psychology of Death and Dying: An East-West Exploration (Alesandra Strada, Phd)
- 2009-2010 Psychotherapy Trainee, T-Group Training Integral Counseling Center at Pierce Street